The Lane Education Foundation is open to receiving funding requests throughout the year. Please send the completed application (below) to LEF describing your project, the amount of the funding request, and how the funds will be used.
LEF Education Enhancement Grants
The Lane Education Foundation (LEF) offers grants for projects that will enhance the educational experiences of the students in your district, building(s), or classroom(s) in Lane County. A broad range of projects are considered, with extra weight given to projects that support the smaller, rural districts. Individual grant awards range from $250 - $2000.
Applications will be scored in the following five categories:
- Educational Benefits
- Social Skills Benefits
- Level of Student Engagement
We are especially interested in projects that include students of all physical/cognitive abilities.Download the Application
The most recent awardees of the 2022-23 grants are posted below::
- Creswell High – Sound studio equipment - $2000
- Creslane Elementary – Sensory Learning Center supplies - $1941.16
- Siuslaw Elementary – 504/IEP support materials - $1950
- Applegate Elementary – Reading/literacy materials for three extra classrooms K-2 - $2000
- Applegate Elementary – Shelves with bins for three extra classrooms K-2 - $2000
- Applegate Elementary – School sensory room - $2000
- Oakridge Jr. Sr. High School – Inflatable Gala Ball Pit - $549.99
- Mapleton Elementary/Preschool – Shelving and acoustic absorption material - $2000
- Creslane Elementary – Portable teaching easel - $650
- Siuslaw High – Life Skills/Bridge Program knitting machines - $335.97
Other Recent Grants Awarded
$5,000 to Connected Lane County for BookFest books specifically for rural districts
$10,000 to Lane ESD for Augmentative Alternative Communication (AAC) equipment and "modeling" training.
$10,000 to Lane ESD for their Educator Health and Well-Being Support programs.
$8,200.00 to the educational team responsible for planning and implementing an individualized feeding program that safely meets the health and nutritional needs of students who have feeding difficulties.
$10,000 to support the Panda Preschool, which serves children who are deaf or hard of hearing.