The Lane Education Foundation is open to receiving funding requests throughout the year. Please send a letter/email to LEF describing your project, the amount of the funding request, and how the funds will be used. Our typical award to off-cycle applications is below $2000.
LEF Education Enhancement Grants Cycle is Now Open
The Lane Education Foundation (LEF) offers grants for projects that will enhance the educational experiences of the students in your district, building(s), or classroom(s) in Lane County. A broad range of projects are considered, with extra weight given to projects that support the smaller, rural districts. In each cycle, LEF awards a total of $10,000. Individual grant awards range from $250 - $1000.
Applications must be received no later than January 31, 2020.
Applications will be scored in the following five categories:
- Educational Benefits
- Social Skills Benefits
- Level of Student Engagement
We are especially interested in projects that include students of all physical/cognitive abilities.
The awardees of the 2019 Education Enhancement Grants are posted below:
- Applegate School – Horseshoe Art - $500
- Elmira High School– Elmira High School Robotics Team - $500
- Elmira and Veneta Elementary Schools – Books for Low Readers - $750
- Elmira Elementary School – Positive Behavior Campaign - $500
- Elmira Elementary School – Social/Emotional Learning Materials - $500
- Elmira Elementary School – Second Step Social Skills Curriculum - $690
- Fern Ridge Middle School – Leadership Boot Camp - $500
- Junction City High School – Oregon Shakespeare Festival Trip - $250
- Laurel Elementary School – Classroom Sound System - $500
- Laurel Elementary School – i-Pads - $500
- Lowell High School – Concert Bass Drum and/or Marimba - $500
- Mapleton School District – Pre-school Supplies - $1000
- Oakridge High School – Oregon Shakespeare Festival Trip - $500
- Oakridge School District – Life Skills & Transition Community Engagement - $1000
- Oakridge School District – Special Ed Skill Building Materials - $750
- Siuslaw Middle and High Schools – Student Films Equipment - $500
- Thurston Elementary – Ecology in Classrooms and Outdoors - $300
- Thurston High School – Spirit Squad - $375
Other Recent Grants Awarded
It is with great pleasure that LEF has awarded two grants to support students and advisors attending the International Health Occupations Students of America Leadership Conference, June, 2019, in Orlando, Florida.
- Springfield High HOSA - $1975
- Siuslaw High HOSA - $2300