Why the Lane Education Foundation?
The Lane Education Foundation was formed in 1998 to provide financial support to the Lane Education Service District (LESD) and its constituent schools and districts in attaining their stated objectives, and encouraging the development of educational opportunities across Lane County.
Core Values of LESD
- Equity – We support a respectful work environment and access to educational service to all students
- Commitment – To districts, student and employee success
- Leadership – That is informed, responsive, visionary, proactive and planful
- Collaboration – Actively engaged with our partners to achieve success
- Integrity – Approach our work with ethical actions, making and keeping commitments, courage and humility
Through our gifts and fundraising efforts in support of the Lane ESD, the Foundation helps to provide countywide services to students with physical or cognitive disabilities, students whose families are homeless, or students who have gotten into trouble with the law.
The Lane Education Foundation has a special focus on the rural districts in Lane County to provide for the unique needs often faced by smaller districts. These districts include: Blachly, Crow-Applegate-Lorane, Fern Ridge, Lowell, Mapleton, Marcola, Oakridge, and Siuslaw.
LEF believes that each student in Lane County deserves every opportunity to become the best and brightest in Oregon.
Donate now to support our member districts and essential programs.
Your generous gift invests directly into:
- Classroom innovations and best practices in the medium and small rural school districts
- Internship programs for adjudicated or incarcerated students in the MLK Jr. Education Center
- Enhanced learning techniques for students with special needs
You can also specify how you would like your donation to be used. Your donations will create grants that support our smaller districts and some of our most marginalized students.