Current Grant Applications Sought
Our most recent grant cycle has just closed. Please check back in June and September for more opportunities.
The awardees of the Education Enhancement Grants are posted below. Thanks to all who applied - and thanks for all you do for the students in Lane County!
- Lowell School District - $1000 - in support of creating a flexible classroom for their 4th grade students
- Mapleton School District - $600 - in support of the Beyond Me project
- Elmira Elementary School - $500 - for the purchase of materials supporting teacher trainings in trauma-informed practices
- Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District - $500 – toward the purchase of tablets and accessories for the kindergarten and first-grade classrooms at Applegate Elementary
- Willamette High School Mural Project - $500 - in support of the Mural Project
- Triangle Lake Charter School - $500 - in support of the Outdoor Bees project
- Elmira Unified Basketball - $500 - in support of the Elmira Unified Basketball project
- Lowell HS Music - $500 – toward the purchase of musical instruments
- Applegate Elementary - $500 - in support of the Art Through Literature Program
- Laurel Parent Group - $500 - in support of the Laurel Elementary Outdoor Program
- Lowell HS Drama - $450 - for the purchase of paint supplies for the drama department
- Fern Ridge School District - $400 - in support of the Guitar Lessons/Chord Buddy project
- Prairie Mountain - $300 - support of the project to provide books in the native languages of their students
- Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District - $240 – for the purchase of headphones for the 3rd grade classroom
Recent Grants Awarded
It is with great pleasure that the LEF awarded Springfield High School Lane Health Science Pathways a grant of $1550 to support students and advisors attending the Oregon HOSA Leadership Conference in March 2018.
LEF was excited to award a $1000 grant to the Lane Healthcare Pathways program to help send two of their participating students to the Career Technical Student Organization's International Leadership Conference, in Nashville, TN.
LEF was proud to contribute $500 to the Lane ESD Up-Close project. This project took four Lane County students, representing several of our Title Programs, on an organized trip to Washington, D.C., where they were able to get a close up look at all three branches of government and meet with our local Congressional delegation.
Recent Grants Won by LEF
Kids in Transition to School (KITS)
In 2016 and 2017, the Lane Education Foundation was a proud sub-grantee of the Social Innovation Fund (SIF) program. The SIF dollars are being used to support the implementation of the Kids in Transition to School (KITS) program in seven rural school districts.
KITS is currently in Lowell, McKenzie, Marcola, Crow-Applegate-Lorane, Fern Ridge, Siuslaw, and South Lane school districts. The total SIF Federal dollar awarded to LEF per year is: $482,778.
KITS is an evidence-based school readiness program developed at the Oregon Social Learning Center, that offers a unique, two-generational approach designed to boost children's literacy, self-regulation, and social skills just prior to kindergarten entry and provide support to families as their children transition into kindergarten.