Current Grant Applications Sought
The Lane Education Foundation (LEF) is offering grants for projects that will enhance the educational experiences of the students in your district, building(s), or classroom(s) in Lane County. A broad range of projects will be considered, with extra weight given to projects that support the smaller, rural districts.
LEF will be awarding a total of $10,000 in this round. Individual grant awards will range from $250 - $1000.
Applications must be received or postmarked no later than 5pm on January 31, 2019. Grant awards will be announced by February 28, 2019 and funds distributed by March 15, 2019.
Employees of the following districts are especially encouraged to apply:
- Fern Ridge
- Lane Education Service District
Applications will be scored in the following five categories:
- Educational Benefits
- Social Skills Benefits
- Level of Student Engagement
We are especially interested in projects that include students of all physical/cognitive abilities.
The awardees of the 2018 Education Enhancement Grants are posted below.
- Lowell School District - $1000 - in support of creating a flexible classroom for their 4th grade students
- Mapleton School District - $600 - in support of the Beyond Me project
- Elmira Elementary School - $500 - for the purchase of materials supporting teacher trainings in trauma-informed practices
- Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District - $500 – toward the purchase of tablets and accessories for the kindergarten and first-grade classrooms at Applegate Elementary
- Willamette High School Mural Project - $500 - in support of the Mural Project
- Triangle Lake Charter School - $500 - in support of the Outdoor Bees project
- Elmira Unified Basketball - $500 - in support of the Elmira Unified Basketball project
- Lowell HS Music - $500 – toward the purchase of musical instruments
- Applegate Elementary - $500 - in support of the Art Through Literature Program
- Laurel Parent Group - $500 - in support of the Laurel Elementary Outdoor Program
- Lowell HS Drama - $450 - for the purchase of paint supplies for the drama department
- Fern Ridge School District - $400 - in support of the Guitar Lessons/Chord Buddy project
- Prairie Mountain - $300 - support of the project to provide books in the native languages of their students
- Crow-Applegate-Lorane School District - $240 – for the purchase of headphones for the 3rd grade classroom
Recent Grants Awarded
It is with great pleasure that the LEF awarded Springfield High School Lane Health Science Pathways a grant of $1550 to support students and advisors attending the Oregon HOSA Leadership Conference in March 2018.
LEF was excited to award a $1000 grant to the Lane Healthcare Pathways program to help send two of their participating students to the Career Technical Student Organization's International Leadership Conference, in Nashville, TN.
LEF was proud to contribute $500 to the Lane ESD Up-Close project. This project took four Lane County students, representing several of our Title Programs, on an organized trip to Washington, D.C., where they were able to get a close up look at all three branches of government and meet with our local Congressional delegation.